Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chinese New Year - Backdrop

Ni hao 

Do you celebrate Chinese New Year in your home?  
We do every year - starting with sweeping away all the dirt from the year before!



We have a celebration in our home school and this year we have invited other homeschoolers to come over and partay with us! 

I had a "free" 15 mins this afternoon and quickly came up with my buffet table backdrop.

I started with 2 pieces of foam core board from the dollar store.
  
Taped them together. 


Then using another roll of dollar store red wrapping paper - covered it on one side completely.  

I found a font on line (go HERE) and printed the letters for HAPPY NEW YEAR.
  Cut those babies out and used 1 gold foil placemat - cutting it up - for the trim. Not wasting anything - I used the remainder of the place mat (middle section) to "fill" in the board on 1 side.  

Trimmed the letters up and glued those on to the board.  



I added a few "Chinese lanterns" that I cut using my silhouette SD machine and there you have it!



Now my backdrop is finished  15 mins are up!  

 zài jiàn - 再見/再见

1 comment:

  1. I love Chinese New Year - threw a big banquet last year for Year of the Dragon (my sign), but a scaled down affair this year...

    Your ideas look awesome - I hope you have a fab time.

    I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! *Fanfare* If you'd like to pass it along, just copy the rules and have fun!

    Happy Friday! xx

    ReplyDelete