Monday, January 21, 2013

Chai Tea Recipe

Fact:  I have never tried coffee a day in my life....HOWEVER, I am a tea drinker.  One Tea that is a luxury (in my house) is Chai Tea. Not the tea bag Chai tea, but the sweet, creamy kind.  I used to buy it from a Tastefully Simple rep however, the portions got so small for $ 9.99 I just could not bring myself to pay it anymore.  So have gone without (Unless I sneak to Dunkin Donuts for a Vanilla Chai...lol)

My gal pal, Kimberly, is also  tea drinker and recently found this great Chai Tea Recipe Mix somewhere on Pinterest HERE. I bought all the ingredients and whipped it up...WOW it's creamy and oh so good!   




Ingredients:

1 cup dry powdered milk
1 cup nondairy powder coffee creamer
1 cup French Vanilla nondairy powder coffee creamer
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea (I can only find decaf)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon nutmeg



Mix together...


This is the important part (you will have to divide in 1/2 to blend in the blender as it makes a lot of powder and dust) blend/grate until smooth powder



This is what it will look like after all ground/blended


The above portions in Ingredients makes this much



1 HEAPING Teaspoon plus 1 regular size Teaspoon - mix with hot water

'
Put into your favorite mug and enjoy!

Other ideas that I love to use the Chai for...sprinkle powder over vanilla ice cream or mix with cold water and put over ice or crush your ice and mix all together!

Until later - Party On Friends!

Linking to:






1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! I own the LooksLikeHomemade.com blog and I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks for sharing it with your readers!

    ReplyDelete