This time of the year has me scooping out the road side farm stands….looking for mums, chrysanthemums, asters, pumpkins and fun Fall foliage (say that 10 times fast..lol)
I always try to have a few eye appealing/curb appealing displays at the house. Makes me feel good to come home to a home I love to look at!
A pop of color helps give that porch or walkway some life!
Today I am sharing with you my tips for on how to have an eye appealing Fall display for the outdoors.
1. Clean out your old containers – switch out the old containers you used for the Summer porch displays. Give the front porch a makeover! Making sure these containers are free from “old dirt” and roots from last year. Hose them out. Baskets are always fun and Fall like.
2. EYE your space – what space are you using for the display? Is there a natural backdrop? What is the color of the house if it’s up against the siding? If you are using big containers, your height and size of the plants can vary a lot.
3. Find your “style” – are you a traditionalist? Do you have a contemporary or Victorian style home? The simple “natural” look can be used in almost any type of home.
|From Seasons of Joy|
4. Don’t be afraid to mix up the colors! Reds, oranges, greens, purples – all can co-exist together nicely!
5. Have fun! Add punch of color with a pumpkin or Indian Corn. Think out of the box. Use a wheel barrow that is all rusted out or different size pots with some burlap wrapped around them. Don’t over think the arrangement.
from Seasons of Joy
I can't wait to start road side stand shopping soon for our Fall Outdoor display!
I hope I have inspired you today -
Have fun with your Fall displays....would love to see some of yours if you want to leave a link in the comments section!
Until next time - Party On!