Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Underwater/Under the Sea Party - Guest Feature


From time to time you happen by chance to come across another person who is as excited about throwing their child’s birthday as yourself!   As with this party, from an on-line gal pal Bethany – she was SUPER excited to throw just the “right” party for her son who was 6 going on 7!  Bethany, whom I have never met in real life, messaged me for some assistance – throwing around ideas – asking questions – etc.. I was so happy to help her out (even if only through FB)  So happy that her son had a great time with his friends at his

Underwater – Under the Sea party!  


she made the invites herself!

Goodie bags for the kids - I JUST LOVE THE LITTLE FISH!

How cute are these Octopops!

Something I have yet to try - but she is inspiring me!  







Great sensory activity! 


In her own words Bethany answers some of my questions……

What was the theme for your sons party? Underwater/Under the Sea

What made you pick this this theme? My 6..going on 7yr old son did.
.
How long ago did you start planning? I started in April with brainstorming..looking at pinterest! ...I initially had an "Adventurer/UP" party picked out in February...yes..I start that early..it helps me get through winter! :)


What was your favorite element from the party?  Hmmmm...tough one...I think I really liked the photobooth! The kids seemed to like it..and it was easy peasy!...I already had the perfect shower curtain (something told me months ago not to throw it away)...and my DH built me a stand with PVC...some foam board to make a submarine...along with posterboard and some large craft sticks! BAM! Perfection! :P

Looking back - what would you have done differently?  I would of made sure my husband had a list/diagram of where everything was suppose to go..for some reason I thought I was "superwoman" and I thought that I was going to be able to be there to help him..but instead I had to run errands (pick up the cake and a balloon column...plus the Birthday Boy and his younger sister). I think because of this..there was time that was wasted and I could of had some other elements of the party set up.

Did you have a budget for the party and if so would you mind sharing? Usually my parties cost me around $300. I don't like to sit down and calculate it ;)...I purchase all my party things here and there....such as Dollar Tree, Walmart..Oriental Trading...and I buy my balloons in bulk at Bargain Balloons.http://www.bargainballoons.com/. This year I splurged and bought one of my balloon towers/sculptures at a local party store.

What is the next party you are working on? My Daughters Party in November!)

Thanks Bethany for sharing such an important life event

 for your family!  Can't wait to see what November brings

 for your soon to be 2 year old!  


Bethany found Inspiration in a lot of different places….she shares all her sources!
  









2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your son's party with us! Great ideas and so much hard work went into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for "featuring" my party on your Blog! :) Thank you for your advice and inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete