Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day - 2012 - All American BBQ

I have been inspired lately by the "vintage" or "old fashion" feel of parties.  I was going for that look this year at our 2012 Memorial Party.  Inspired by THIS POST. 










Basket full of "vintage type" toys...Jacks, Gliders, bubbles and 
jumpropes for the kiddies...


BIG hit in the heat!


Beverage Center



I handstamped all the wooden utensils.


Played some "old fashion" games...



Individual Apple Crisp







Fun watching the fireworks that my hubby put on for us.



We did have a little visit from the police about 45 mins after fireworks...lol...our neighbor complained...
Oh well - 

Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day!


Credits:

Styled by: Melissa Newell

Cookies: Dessert by Dawn
Apple Crisp cups & Wooden Utensils:  Garnish


8 comments:

  1. ohh my goodness I love it!! I love the utensils! boo on a police visit.. did you guys get a fine or a just don't do it again notice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,
    Thanks for visiting me.
    I really like your party blog and had a look over your home schooling blog as well.
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all your fun party ideas for Memorial Day! I'm sharing it on facebook! ---Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain---

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the vintage twist you gave, and the fireworks are AWESOME!! I can never photograph mine properly, but you did a great job! :)
    Thanks for linking up to Bird's Party Linky!

    You are one of our featured favorites! :)

    XOXO
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful fireworks! Melissa, I must say, I also admire the kind of parties they had back then. They were simple, yet very classy and joyful. I remember when I was just in high school, and my grandma used to tell me her party stories in her teenage days.

    Dione Drabble

    ReplyDelete