Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Smurf Party - Real but Fake


Smurf Party Today

My girls ALWAYS want to throw a party, like their momma 8)

Blue has never been a favorite color of mine, in clothes, jewelry, decor
and parties...however, I stepped out of my comfort box of what I love and created this
cute Real but Fake party for my girls today!

In a quick 20 minutes I was able to set up this fun Smurf Party, on our deck,
 using their wooden Melissa & Doug food and some fun props.


Brownies and cupcakes were on the menu.
Using paper cups from Pick Your Plum.




The tissue paper flowers were left over from another party that I saved.



Ice cream cones that don't melt and make a mess!  8)


This was my inspiration!  I found these cute metal retro lunch boxes
at Old Navy last year and kept them  hidden until now!








Girls had fun playing party and feeding me everything! 
Thanks goodness it's not real food!








Hope you have a celebration of a day!

Party On!

Linking to:

Party styling by: Melissa Newell
Paper Cups: Pick Your Plum
Metal Retro Lunch Boxes: Old Navy
Food: Melissa and Doug
Placemats: Dollar Tree


6 comments:

  1. SO fun! You are such a great mom! We are celebrating today (it's Sammy's actual birthday)! I decorated his door.. we had pancakes w/ sprinkles and opened 1 family gift! The rest are teasing him from the kitchen table ;-) Next up is Putt Putt and lunch w/ friends (w/ cupcakes and candles). Later dinner (his favorite... mac and cheese) followed by presents an more cupcakes.. then a special bath w/ balloons and glow sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! Happy Birthday to your Sammie! We will be celebrating soon for our Sammie's birthday too! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great is this? I love this new blog, Melissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 the Smurfs!!! And your babies are adorable, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table! Can we feature at Baby Lifestyles? Email me at editor at Babylifestyles dot com if we may!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, but really sweet!! i too love re-purposing stuff from other parties! Makes total sense, right?! :)

    Thanks you so much for linking to Bird's Party Link Party!!
    Hope to see you next month! :)

    ReplyDelete